AUGUST 2015: Miami International Guitar Festival Competition Call for EntriesAUGUST 2015: Miami International Guitar Festival Competition Call for Entries
The MIGF composition competition will be presided by composer Orlando Jacinto Garcia (FIU) and joined by two other distinguished judges: the award-winning composerCarlos Rafael Rivera (University of Miami) and the fulbright scholar/composer Jacob Sudol (FIU). The competition welcomes the young and emerging composers' submissions of new guitar compositions for solo, duo, or trio in two age categories.
• Compositions submitted must be written for solo guitar, two guitars or three guitars.
• Compositions must be written for the six-stringed classical guitar.
• Alternate tunings are acceptable.
• Composers may submit multiple works.
• Compositions submitted must be unpublished and should not have been previously awarded (fixed media and electronics are acceptable).
Emerging Composers Category
• Open to composers between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of submission.
• Compositions submitted must be in a duration of no more than 6 minutes.
Young Composers Category
• Open to composers from the age of 17 and younger at the time of submission.
• Compositions submitted must be in a duration of no more than 5 minutes.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2015
Application Fee: $10 for each work. Multiple works may be submitted.
- First, complete online payment through ticket solutions here. After completing payment, you will be provided an order number. This is necessary for the next step.
- Download and fill out the application form (PDF). Please enter the order number obtained through the above process in the appropriate field of the form. This will provide proof of payment. The application form is a fillable pdf that may be filled out on the computer or printed and filled out manually. Either way, it must be printed and signed before submitting via email in the next step.
- Please submit the following materials along with the completed application form (PDF) via email with attachments to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read 'MIGF Composition Competition 2016' followed by your full name.
- Score and parts (if duo or trio) of the submitted work in PDF format. All pages of the PDF should be anonymous (without the real name of the composer) and the first page of score (and parts) should be labeled with a pseudonym (nickname), title of the work, and date of composition only.
- Proof of age: copy of passport or driver's license or birth certificate.
- If available, a recording of the submitted work in mp3 audio file format is recommended (MIDI is acceptable).
- Completed application form (PDF).
- One winner and one honorable mention will be selected in each category.
- The emerging composers winner will receive $500 cash prize.
- The young composers winner will receive $250 cash prize.
- Each of two winners and two honorable mentions will receive a free festival pass for all events.
- Judges have the right to award all or some of the prizes or none.
- Winning compositions will be announced during the Miami International GuitART Festival 2016 and will be posted online at migf.org
- All four compositions will be performed by the members of Miami Guitar Trio in their concert on the last day of the festival.
Site design and content copyright © 1998-2020
The Iberian and Latin American Music Society, all rights reserved.
ILAMS is a registered charity, No. 1092749